Tomme des Croquants matured for 12 months
Tomme des Croquants matured for 12 months is a pressed uncooked cheese. Its maturation period lasts for a minimum of 12 months.
The rind is dry, of an “ochre brown” colour, irregular and broken up by cheese mites which give specific flavours to the cheese.
The cheese is very compact, slightly orangey, and may contain a few small round bubbles.
After maturing for 12 months, the Tomme des Croquants develops distinctive and fruity flavours which provide a very pleasant and salty taste on the palate. It can be used grated or cubed in salads or thinly sliced on toasted rye bread.
- Type of milk: whole cow’s milk, pasteurised.
- Family: pressed uncooked cheese
Tomme des Croquants aged for 12 months:
- Diameter: 21 cm, thickness: 7 cm, weight: 5 kg
- Shape: cylindrical
- Appearance: dark rind. Hard, slightly crumbly cheese.
- Taste: hints of hazelnut
- Maturation period: 12 months
- Fat content: 32% of total weight